News and Announcements
Good morning Shiloh Nation!!
I want to first thank everyone for the support shown to our boys Friday Night, it was a glimpse of what is to come this fall. The boys worked really hard, and it showed on the field, I couldn’t be more proud of their effort and enthusiasm they displayed, more importantly the way they handled adversity. Going into halftime down 10-8, the boys remained positive, when I addressed them at halftime, I could look in their eyes, and see their commitment to win, and that’s just what they did, by dominating the second half and defeating their opponent 34-13. I’m asking for your continued support, as we bring Shiloh to a Championship caliber program.
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
1. We will begin summer workouts and conditioning June 3rd, days and times are Monday-Thursday 8-11, the boys will be feed a lunch on these days prior to leaving workouts, lunch will be provided at 11:30. These summer workouts are imperative to building a championship program, and the boys are expected to be here. If you have a vacation scheduled, just notify me prior so I know our student-athletes are away with family, and not just missing workouts.
2. DUES are to be paid in full by June 28th. The boys have been given over 3 months to pay these dues, and payment plans were set up for them, the total dues are $600.00. If dues are not paid in full by June 28th, your player will not be eligible to participate this year. These dues are needed to fund our program, and all players are expected to pay.
3. PHYSICALS AND DRAGON FLY: ALL PLAYERS WHO DID NOT RECEIVE THEIR PHYSICALS THIS APRIL AND DID NOT COMPLETE DRAGON FLY YOU MUST HAVE THIS ALL COMPLETED BY THE START OF SUMMER WORKOUTS. IF YOUR PHYSICALS ARE EXPIRED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE.
4. It’s about time ALL parents step up and take ownership of our program, without your support, we can not achieve our goals, we must have a family to back our boys, we all are extremely important in putting Shiloh on the map, I’m honored to be your Head Coach, and I want what these young men deserve. My staff and I will dedicate our heart and souls to these young men, we ask that you do the same. When volunteers are asked to help, please take the initiative to do so, if we all pitch in then your time spent volunteering won’t be that much, it isn’t fair for the same parents to continue to step up, I’m asking for all our parents to step up, I appreciate you all, and only want what’s best for our boys.
Let’s make 2019 a season to remember!! Our Spring Game was just a sneak preview of what’s to come!!
We need volunteers Saturday, May 25th from 7am to 7pm and Sunday May 26th starting at 7am until the final game for the Cam Newton event at Shiloh high school. Parents and players, if you are in town, please come out. All volunteers should report to the fieldhouse to me.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, tonight’s Black and White game will not be played. The boys will get to go home directly after school today. Please make plans to be here Friday Night, May 17th at 7:30 pm as your Generals take on Lassiter in our Spring Game!!
Good Morning Generals!!
The Calvin MEGATRON Johnson Jr. Foundation Inc. (CJJRF) is offering SCHOLARSHIPS to graduating football student-athletes in Metro-Atlanta and surrounding areas. The criteria for this scholarship are:
- Attend high school as a graduating senior in Metro-Atlanta or surrounding areas
- Attending a college/university in Fall 2019 with no more than a partial college football scholarship
- At least a 2.5 grade point average
Online Scholarship Applications can be found at:
The scholarship deadline is May 17, 2019.
Since 2008, CJJRF has awarded scholarships and book awards to over 60 deserving student-athletes!!
Please share these applications with your qualifying students!
Feel free to forward this email message to other high schools in your district.
Your rising 9th through 12th student-athletes are invited to participate in the 2019 Calvin Johnson Jr. Foundation Wide Receiver Camp!
Applications for this FREE camp can be found at:
Please share this application with your rising 2019-2020 9th through 12th grade student-athletes.
The camp will be held in Tyrone, GA on Saturday, June 22, 2019.
This FREE camp will focus on the following:
· Wide receiver skill fundamentals with NFL All-Pro Retired Wide Receiver Calvin Johnson and other NFL athletes
· Conditioning the Body Appropriately
· Scientific Thinking and Among Athletes
· Why Nutrition Does the Body Good!
The deadline to receive CAMP applications is May 31, 2019.
Visit calvinjohnsonjrfoundation.org to see the camp experience!
Good morning Generals!!
My payments plus is available for you as a payment option now. Thank you to those parents who’ve already made their payments. It’s going to be an exciting season, with many more to follow!! #OneShiloh #WEALLWEGOTWEALLWENEED